Friday 16 November 2012

SKYFALL, CHEESE BURGER AND BOOKS?

November, the eleventh month in list. Far to West, autumn has come to pick the leaves. But in my city, sun is always shining, and rain is always dropping. And for this Wednesday, 14th November, I decided to explore one of the glamorous shopping complex at Kuching, Sarawak- The Spring, situated at Simpang Tiga and designed by New Zealand's Warren and Mahoney. So for this Wednesday, me and my siblings had something to do at here.




SKYFALL: JUST FALL FROM THE SKY

As we (I mean, my sister, younger brother and me) arrived to this seasonal shopping complex, we agreed to watch 007 Skyfall. First to first, grab popcorns and soft drinks. Then, we moved to Cinema 5 and be ready to meet James Bond. Despite of being shocked by a sudden promo appears on the screen and its echoes, let's move forward for comments and critics.
  • My opinion; the starting point was quite slow and a bit cliche as Bond went for his mission at Turkey (the Blue Mosque was there) then he got shot by his comrade and fall down (as the reason of the production to steal the first timer and play the theme song. Or else, which time is appropriate to let the 'Skyfall' drops in?)
  • Bond takes some time to return (as he realized he had problems with his injury (but can kiss passionately) but then the incident that happens to MI6 headquarter brought him to return to his boss. Later, M (his boss) send him to Shanghai for another mission.
  • Prediction: My sister whispered to me, "after Shanghai, Macau will appear". Yes, she's right. Then, I replied, "sure there's gambling". Yes, right again. That's the reason he met Severine and have fun--heheh.
  • While watching the movie, I noticed the name list of MI6 appears in fake Youtube. Hussien (one of MI6 agent reminds me with Saddam Hussien. Err...I shouldn't relate this.. my apologize...)
  • You know what attracts my attention to hold my eyes to watch this movie? The Quartermaster  or Q, played by Ben Whishaw; I began to loved his act since I watch Perfume: The Story of a Murderer (the dirtiest bloody movie of naked women I ever saw in my life). For this movie, I think that he's my attraction to watch this movie =)
  • I never thought once that Skyfall is the name of private residential (because I didn't follow Bond series very well) so for me, this part really catch my interest. Plus, the architecture and the natural scene is awesome!
  • What's the best part? Explosion, of course. It shakes everyone's head when the scene occurs. 
  • At first, mosque appears in Bond's mission. At the end, M died in the private chapel--the two opposite religion that shares a lot of similarities for the first part and the end part. Quite ironic, wasn't it?
  • Remember when M writes the obituary for Bond? That's the opposite hint inside the story. M is going to die anyway.
  • My ratings? According to IMDb, the rating is 8.1/10. For me, 7.9/10. I just quite sleepy with the intro, that's all. But still, Adele did a very good job for the intro.

CHEESE BURGER: LOVELY WESTERN TASTE

Nyum, nyum~
After movies, the food-hunting season has arrived. The famish voice is undeniable. Two of them simplified the hunting with local foods (to begin with--white rice, Malay type). But me, white rice is my everyday-meal. So, rather eating something I can eat in my kitchen, I choose something that rarely eat. I choose a thick, big and fatty beef of cheese burger and salty French Fries (really, it's salty). I rushed like hell eating my burger (lack of awareness and as usual, I forgot that I'm a lady). While stuffing foods into my mouth, I knew someone might saw me as funny-idiot things. Haha--sorry. I have to rush. But, who cares when foods taste delicious and I'm not paying any of it? Free is always glee~


BOOKS: SCARY COMICS AND ANNOYING FRENCH.

Okay, the truth about me going to The Spring is not for the movie. The real one is, buying books. I began to get insane about books since I was a child but I can't afford it. So, this little hobby began to get wide when I went to study. MPH was my second home. At Kuching, MPH can be found only at The Spring while Popular is far more popular. But for me, I liked the ambiance and lively feelings at the MPH. So there was, I spent some to satisfy myself.

First, I choose two comics (translated comic from Japan) named as Seram!Perjanjian Puaka (Senritsu! Flower Market) and Rasukan Siluman (Watashi No Naka Ni Akuma Ga Iru). For the first comic-Perjanjian Puaka, 
  • The first story was about Miss Choko (actually, she's the legendary magical butterfly that appears as a lovely lady who can fulfill everyone's wish--but most of it for her own interest and, she's quite evil too). 
  • The rest of the story is about Chikako jealousy against her classmate, Saya which ended with the scary morning flower appears like Saya's head. 
  • Then, the second last story is about the ignorance Asami who acted kindly towards a crab (owned by her class teacher) in order to tackle Shota. She managed to get Shota's attention with her fake-kindness but at the end, the crab died because of her and she turns up, walking like a crab. 
  • The last story is about Azusa found a young female kid at the playground named as Noriko. At first, Azusa likes her because she's cute and charming. Then, Azusa realised there's something wrong with Noriko and Noriko began to act fierce and forceful. At the end, Azusa gave up, and crazy. No one tells her that Noriko is a ghost.
[Rating: 7/10]


The second comic-Rasukan Siluman, 
  • It's all about the clock tower that forced people to get lazy for everything and the world is getting messier. Maki, the main character realised the truth and try to fix the clock tower but at the end, the lazy disease had control her and as a result, the world involved in terrible war--because everyone is lazy to discuss about peace negotiation. 
  • The second story is about twins who had the same face, taste and even the blood type. One day, they decided to switch up. It ends by Rika falling in love with Keika's classmate, Raito. But, Keika snatched him first, lied to Rika and upset her twin. So, Rika suffers herself because she knew Keika will feel the same too. At the end, they had a huge fight and both died. Later, they become a legend of cursing twin in the mirror. 
  • The third story is about a child selected for survivor program after Japan destroyed by meteors. But she didn't know anything and assumed that that was the game of heartless survivor. So she killed every child at the island, including her admired boy and after she knows the the truth, she screamed--alone.
  • The fourth story contain three episodes; the last one attracts me about a brother who revenged his sister's death by changing his face and picked the girls who tortured his sister. That girl managed to escape, but that man will never stop tracking the other girls who made his sister suffers to death. 
  • The fifth story is about 3 wishes made by a girl who wish all pretty girls become frogs, money falls from the sky and hope every bad people must die in this world. So at the end, she died--because she made a bad wish at first.  
  • The sixth story is about a girl being wronged as a murderer and saved by her friend, but the question--people doesn't apologize after accusing her and almost kill her. 
  • And the last one about the swimmer, Yukie got jealous when Aya keep taking the first level of winning. Then, she discover Aya ate something and tried the medicine too, in secret. However, she didn't know that medicine is a disaster for Aya and Aya have to take another pill to control the disease. Yukie finally knows the truth when Aya caught her but everything is too late; the medicine that she took from Aya makes her gene changing rapidly and she turned to be as a fish.
[Rating: 8.5/10]


And the third book is not a comic, it's a serious humour-cynical book, "1000 Years of Annoying the French" by Stephen Clarke. I noticed that this book is highly the bestselling according to The Sunday and as I flipped  through the pages, there are some facts I didn't know before such as:
  • William the Conqueror is not French but Norman (ref.page: 20)
  • Normandy came from the Norsemen people (ref.page: 19)
  • William was the illegitimate child (ref.page: 22)
  • England required 'penis' to ruled the country (ref.page: 59)
  • Joan of Arc died because of French's betrayal (ref.page: 134-142).
  • Too much of Henry, William, Edward, Isabelle, Margaret, Mathilde at the first quarter of my reading (I'm not finished my reading yet)
Even I'm still reading this book, I bravely say 9/10. Not because this book is cynical, but I loved the word being used in this book and plus, I liked history. I'll make a review for this book once I complete my reading.

p/s: TQ my younger brother for your Kad Siswa...heeeeeee~


#MaGi2012

No comments:

Post a Comment