Thursday 6 June 2013

A Long Road to Sematan

"Hujan rintis-rintis, air bergelora, mak bangun pagi siram pokok bunga..."

Okay, that's all I can sing. What on earth my mom has to wake up early in the morning, just to splash some water on her flower pots while hujan is already turun?

Now, back to the root of the story. 

Heading to Lundu. I saw a magnificent
banjaran, 7 in the morning
On Tuesday, June 04 2013, the last day of Gawai Dayak's cuti umum, we decided to go to Sematan. Sematan is a cantik place to visit. There are putih beaches you can run-run and never come back, great islands worth to cry for, and wonderful waves to get drown. Please visitors, no suicide here. This is my favourite place.

So we bangun so early in the morning before Subuh. You know Subuh at Kuching? Around 5:30 a.m. The exact time you want your bed and pillow so badly. Before 6, we moved slowly on the road. The weather was a bit grim, the clouds are all pregnant by water. Uh, my words sounds weird.

Getting near to the crossroad of Lundu
and Sematan.That is Gunung Gading
if I'm not mistaken
The journey was quite long, it took us 2 hours without traffic jam. What can you expect when my pop drove his car before 6 during school and public holiday? Less car, exactly. Isn't that great? There's a long road upon us, some good place ahead, and the weather was just like me. Awesome. I went to sleep.

No. I didn't sleep. My pop's car moved so fast I thought I'm on the camel's back. So I stay awake, watching Matang, Serapi, Malay villages I didn't know the name, some roads I didn't know where. All I know was I saw Bau area. Yeah, infant~ We're at the Golden Town now. You know what's the best at Bau? Caves, caves, caves! Plus, the blue lake, I forgot that one.

After Bau, we're heading to Lundu. Lundu is the right place if you want to see bunga rafflesia, the biggest flower on earth. There's a lovely mountain called Gunung Gading. For those who dreamed to go to university, climb that mountain. In Malay language, people often said that a person who managed to further the study is like 'melanjutkan pelajaran ke menara gading.' Although there's no tower at there, yeah, you won't loss a thing to climb there, right? I went there, I climb the mountain and now I'm a graduate person who still wandering like a ghost. Oh my life is full of awesomeness~

After an hour and a half on the road, we're heading to the crossroad- Lundu 3 km to the
Sematan market, a place to buy seafood,
local products or sea-shell decoration
right and Sematan many kilometers to the left. During rambutan season, this is the best road to cuci your eyes and hoping for those fruit will fly and drop on your lap. But during this month, no fruits to crave. It was all empty trees. 

Later on, under the sizzling rain, the most ideal day to go here (because I don't want to smell my own burning skin under the sunlight), we arrived at Sematan at 07:45 a.m. As a local tourist, I did like other people. I walked around, I took pictures, I ate nasi putih with sotong kuning and kerapen masak hitam (ask me later if you didn't know what is that), I enjoyed the view and at the end, I gave comments in my blog (yes~). Three words to describe:

AWE-SOME-NESS

Oh, let me tell you some good story about Sematan.

The beautiful tanjung and beting pasir
we saw at Sematan jetty
Sematan is a small town (150 km per square), lived almost by nelayan and near to open sea which is South China Sea. At left, there's a shallow look of a small island. A quite far from Sematan, there's Pulau Talang-talang and Pulau Satang, a crucial place for penyu, scuba diving, a great-and-wonderful ecosystem you must see before you dead and environment research. Back to old days, Sematan is one of the place during English colony. It is also the eye-witness when Sarawak was been attacked by rebellious guerilla from Indonesia before Malaysia Day in 1963. 

delicious tembikai we
bought at Sematan
Sematan is full of great place to visit. You can scroll along the Pueh beaches, you can visit Rumah Panjang Selako if you're tribal-life great fan, you can buy fresh seafood and make a fire camp at the beach, you can awed the whole day at Tanjung Datu and Samunsam Wildlife Sanctuary, you can listen and collect good stories at here such as the legend of Teluk Serabang and Laksamana Itam (I noted this from Indonesian's website), you can scream while looking at ulat sutera breeding and you can have a good holiday trip at any resort you want- Holiday Chalet, Sematan Beach Resort or Palm Beach Resort.

If you come here one day, I love to say- Selamat berkunjung!

#tmg2013

No comments:

Post a Comment