Tuesday 15 April 2014

The 'Jack' I know

Jack, the usual name we've heard. There are so many 'Jack' around me, very keen. Very familiar. Jack is a person, a fiction, an icon. Sometimes, Jack is more than human. It can be something else. Born into something poetic, tasty, hard or scary. There's a theory saying that the name 'Jack' may be derived from 'Jacques', the French name for Jacob. Or, it could be Welsh name 'Iach' means 'health'. Whatever it is, Jack were long used to refer any man, sometimes women, especially of the common classes.

The 'Jack' I know, you know....

Captain Jack Sparrow (Pirate of Caribbean)...
macho as ever, with hygiene problems.
Jack Dawson (Titanic)...well, Dicaprio looks
young and handsome here.
Jack Skellington (Nightmare Before Christmas)
...my dearest ambitious skeleton.
Jack the Ripper...serial killer 'celebrity' in 1888.
He ripped, he hacked and jackass.
Jack O' Lantern...the living Samhain culture,
positively famous for kids and sweets
and costumes and ghost stuff.
Jackfruit...yummy~
That's all I can say
Jackpot...777!
Lumberjack...job for muscles only.
Jack knife...reminds me with the teen days
of Robin Scherbatsky in HIMYM.
Jack and the Beanstalk...don't tell
me if you didn't know this lore.
Jack be nimble, Jack be quick..
This rhyme is simple, you hate it
you dick.
Jack and Jill...now it's more than
nursery. It becomes Sandler's movie
title and my favvy chip brand.
Jack in Vegas, Jack in Macau...the four sets of
diamond, club, heart and spade.
Jackie Kennedy Onassis...the only
famous female 'Jack' I ever know

@themagi2014
*Appreciation to image owners. Thank you.
#jack
p/s: Share your Jacknowledge at here ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment