Sunday 8 September 2013

Sarawak Regatta is HERE!

Time: 7:10 am-11:30 am
Date: 07 September 2013, Saturday
Location: Kuching Waterfront, Sarawak.

Emm, yesterday's weather was awesome. There were some great things happened at Kuching Waterfront. Ow, what was yesterday? It was the grand day for REGATTA!

Let me tell you what was happened, through my pictures.

This is what am I talking about! The Dragon Boat! After hiding in the 'cave' for so many years, those group of dragons were back with colours. I was stand early in the morning (around 7:30 a.m., I believe) at the waterfront, seeking this creature with hope. Fun fact: While watching this boat, there was a foreign man standing behind me, captured some pictures. Then, a well-known local man (a crazy man) suddenly appears in front the foreign man and said: "Hello my name is Robert...we have three dragon boat this year..." They called him crazy, but his English was quite well. Can you believe that?

A remarkable view before Sarawak chief minister arrives. Since I'm not a tall gal and there were so many people out there (the air was crammed!), I took this picture with few ideas. At the end, I choose to raise my hand higher and snap-snap. The result is quite good actually. I feel happy with myself.

Okay, I took this picture right when the Chief Minister, Pehin Sri Haji Abdul Taib Mahmud arrives. It was not an easy time for me. A lot of photographers were there, we're fighting to get a good picture. I think I did a nice job. My position was good and the view is just right at the time. I guess being a photographer is not easy as it looks, since I was not part of the media, just a visitor.

Do you know him? If you're Sarawakian, you must know him. He's Deputy Chief Minister, Datuk Patinggi Tan Sri Dr. Alfred Jabu anak Numpang. He was stand right in front of me, and so I took this chance to snap him. For those who went there, you know that it was quite hard to stand close to them. I was lucky then.

I was quite frustrated with this picture. It supposed to look beautiful with the appearance of Chief Minister's wife, Puan Sri Ragad Waleed Alkurdi. But sadly, her bodyguard covered my camera and I thought I'm gonna explodes. Well, I'm not so lucky at that time. But at least I'm trying my best to get a good shot.

This picture was taken early in the morning, around 7, I guess. Yesterday was full of event so my pop decided to go there early or we have to fight with others in order to park a car. You know, the car park was full. So here it is, this is the Sayang Sarawak River Cruise, one of the attraction at Sarawak River (FYI, Hilton Hotel at the back). I saw the workers were busy with flowers, decorations et cetera. But I think I liked the balloons better.

You know, my mom is in her 50s. Actually, she's 53 years old. She saw all kinds of Regatta events in her life, with her beloved father who passed away in 1995. I believe she had great memories about this when it comes about my grandpa. My grandpa was a friendly Sarawakian guy who loves to join the society. Sometimes, when we attend this kind of occasion, I believe my mom missed him a lot. 

And now, this is one of a group who joined the Regatta. I don't remember the name since I have so many things in my mind but I remember that they're from Sabah. They were the first group I saw early in the morning, Quite passionate, as I concern.

Sorry with this. They're walking very fast in front of me. The time was around 8, I think they were rushed to get the spot before the great day begins.Before that, they were one of the foreign competitors who joined the Regatta, from Brunei Darussalam. Oh man, all of them were tall or maybe I'm too short for them...haha~


Yeah, this is the other competitors. The blue shirt guys were from UNTAN (based on the name at their clothes but I don't know what it means) and the red-white shirt guys were from Elang Perkasa, another foreign competitors from Kalimantan Barat, Indonesia. I think the Thailand group wear the light colours of shirt but I can't snap them- I gave them a great space and time to exercise.

Yeah, this picture was taken when the Dragon's head was out from its garment. It took me for almost half an hour to wait this moment- I saw the Dragon being assembled right in front of me and the process was cool. It must be good if I was part of this teamwork. Maybe I have this chance later.

Yup, I took this picture close to the red carpet line. Then I saw Tan Sri Dato William Mawan, the Minister of Social Development who inaugurated the DinoTrek 2 PetroSains at Dewan Tun Abdul Razak (I will tell you my experience with dinosaur in my next entry). I guess that gal must be busy with all important guests- I saw her many times, here and there.

This gal is one of the group who involved in this event, as a beautiful attendant with a delicate symbol of unity. Actually, she was my ex-classmate for two years during our school time and we attend the same school for 7 years. So, of course she's my model of the day. She's my acquaintance, the only person I ever know inside the ocean of people. Dear TJ, I hope you like it ^^


After swimming in my own sweats and air-tight, I finally went inside of the camp of craftsmen and I saw the beautiful hand-made goodies around me. Everything is there; jewelry, clothes, hats, a traditional mat, basket and so on. And suddenly, before I decided to leave, I saw this woman smiled so happy with other sellers. I think she's friendly =)

So, do you have any kind of experience while watching Sarawak Regatta 2013? For foreign tourists, I hope you enjoy this event with us.

#tmg2013

No comments:

Post a Comment