Friday 19 July 2013

You Should Listen to them: Wallach, Deez and Growlers.

Since the old times, music had been used for mind therapy. Music has it power to influence people into any condition. Music can be inspiring, but sometimes, it could be a bit dangerous. Within music, lyrics are the component to make it 'alive'- which makes us feel that this song is yours. 

There were many great songs in my playlist such as And I Love Her by The Beatles, Holiday by Bee Gees, I Need Some Sleep by Eels, Rewind by Goldspot or Top of the World by The Carpenters. The way how the music been arranged, and the structure of the lyrics, it affects my mind deeply. For example, And I Love Her by The Beatles gives me the essential fundamental of literature as they say:

"Bright are the stars that shine, dark is the sky, I know this love of mine, will never die, and I love her..."

Through Eel's song, the lyrics are related to my situation and my past where I couldn't sleep because of my childhood nightmares. It portrays my mind very well and it shows me some enlightenment through their words that,

"I need some sleep, it can't go on like this...I tried counting sheep, but there's one I always miss...Everyone says, I'm getting down too low, everyone says, you just gotta let it go..." 

In Top of the World's lyric, it fills with love and appreciation to those who love us as I always lay my thoughts to my family and my friends. The whole word describes everything nicely, in every possible way, greatly composed to become a very fine artwork

But actually, three singers really catch my interest ever since I knew them for almost a year. They made a great song, nice lyrics and even the identification of their songs. As soon as I heard the tune, I know that, "Yeah, that's softy voice Wallach..." and "Oh, that's Mr. Happy-Hippie Deez!" and "Yup, that's my Beach Goth Growlers~"

Wallach, Deez and Growlers: Who are they?

Tommy Wallach

Nice music guy from California, Wallach is a writer and musician that composed a very nice song in a very unique way. He made covers from popular songs, frequently produce the webcast and was recently invited to record a video diary of the NAAM shows. He won an award in America's Best Music Talent and I tell you, he's very talented. The best song from Wallach? I really love this song:
  • Whisper (I love how he says---"I whispered so I don't have to scream..." but then, he screamed)
  • Elodie (Funny but romantic song about a girl who doesn't like him. I don't know whether Elodie is real or just imagination but one thing I know, Elodie is in French and that's how I decided to learn French)

Darwin Deez

Darwin Deez is an American Indie band, obviously very independent in music video. In 2009, they received a public attention at UK and managed to be on UK music chart. Most of their music are quite peculiar in a very good way. The best thing is, you can't predict the things they do in the music video. One thing for sure, I love the way they represents their song. Every songs has its own characteristic, including the vocalist. With Deez, I fully enjoyed this song:

  • Constellations (this 'twinkle-twinkle little star' song had caught my eyes as I was searching the constellations things for my class assignment. At the end, I just paying my attention singing this song instead of my multimedia project)
  • Radar Detector (Okay, this music video is highly full of creativeness. Using an umbrella to drink? Using a toothbrush as an ice-cream stick? And bringing the green plants to supply the oxygen while travelling out of the universe. Wah, really~ That's amazing)

The Growlers

The Growlers are an American band formed in 2006, basically still a new band but the music, it really took me out from this era. The band is known for it's heavy use of effects, 'reverb' and mixed it with Californian rock in late 60's. The music arrangement has been described as 'a trademark of music that somehow combines country, pop, surf and rock.' For those who loved, gothic-cold-and relaxed music, I recommended you this song:
  • Empty Bones (I found this song as I watching the 'Skeleton Dance' cartoon. To be honest. This song is really into me. Guess what? Now I know how the skeleton's dance!)
  • Old Cold River (This song seems like a nostalgia, as I thought I used to lived my life in 60's although I am the 80's generation. What can I say? Oh, the guitar...it smooth as hell, even I don't know how the hell looks like)

#tmg2013

No comments:

Post a Comment