Thursday 29 November 2012

Hey, Single...watch your Double~

Being single is one of my kind for a very long time, living in my single-dom world and enjoying stuffs like single people would do; stay a lot at home, eat alone, hang out with friends and families, no worries about phone calls or something like that and the best part is, freedom. For so many years, I've been surrounded by doubles...I mean, my friends in relationship, and I've been watching them, the way they behave and talk, absolutely. And for all these years, I had enjoyed on the audience's seat, with my imaginary pop corn and watch this double-ship show quietly.

13 year-old was the earliest involvement in double-ship among my friends and some of them got pretty serious when they're in 17-19, whereas I was still playing legos or poker,  wipe my mucous with my shirt and stuffing foods inside my mouth like a bulldozer (I had problems to act like a decent girl in my age). I think that's my psychological disease of seeking my childhood who left me in the dark (don't mention it). No offense, but, being double is not so easy. They called it 'young age is somehow, a stupid stage to learn the truth being double'. Even I have so-so and so little facts about double-ship things but as far as I can remember, there's something that they often did during my observation such as:

  1. Couples often made calls and texting over the night, to say how much they love each other but to be honest, they were worried about bills or topup they should pay to sustain the relationship.
  2. Couples often invite their double for brunch, dinner and shopping but they can't stop thinking whether this investment for double-ship is worthy or not.
  3. Couples often say that 'long distance double-ship' is testing their patience and love, they often fight like hell over the phone call (jealousy activated).
  4. Couples often say that 'short distance double-ship' is good to sustain their heart better, but they had problems to trust each other.
  5. Couples often say that 'being double is happy' but they often shed tears more than smiling.
  6. Couples often tell everyone they feel grateful being in double-ship, but seriously, they can't stop grumbling at the back, even they loved each other but still...grumbling.
  7. Couples often did something similar but they often feel like there's a small battle between them.
  8. Couples often go for movies but one side often feels terrible with the story line, but couldn't say a word because they loved each other (true story)
  9. Couples often refuse to listen somebody's advice because they always thought they're right but when something happens, they couldn't admit the truth and swallowed their pride in pain.
  10. Couples always missing each other but when they meet up, they often questioning more than nice chatting.
  11. Couples often say 'YES' but deep in their heart, there's 'NO' that couldn't come out (just buried between those layered of sugar-coated words).
  12. Couples often say that 'long double-ship' helps them to know each other better and greater, but they often complaint about each weaknesses they've learned in each passing days.
  13. Couples often say that 'short double-ship' helps them to learn to understand each other, but they often surprised what is waiting upon them (so, keep surprise~)
  14. Couples often give advises to those who single, but the truth is-- all advises are for them, to remind themselves.
  15. Couples often dreaming about marriage (serious couple only) but money issues are much bigger than missing their love one.
  16. Couples like to brag about their double-ship but often silence like a dead wood when they've broke up.
  17. Couples love sharing everything but not all couples are ready or willing to share their biggest secret.
  18. Couples always praised their love one but the truth is, after a certain years they will start comparing their double-ship to the other double-ship (which ship is better?)
  19. Couples like to share their story with others but they couldn't bear to hear anything in the past when they broke up.
  20. Couples knew that being double-ship is all about loyalty but some of it still joining 'the hunting-trip'. To put it simple, 'you got cheated'.
  21. Couples always say that marriage is the victory of their love but they often slipped the victory after they got the legal paper.
  22. Couples often changed even they can't admit they're already changed.
  23. Couples willing to do everything but some of them asking for some return (y u no the news of baby on the street is so cranky these days~)
  24. Couples often vowed for their love, but some of it might be blown away in a matter of time (I don't know about this but somehow, it happens a lot---my friend experienced this)
  25. At this point, those couples (who read this) will reminisce the old ships who left by when they were young, so I will stop the list at here...et cetera, et cetera~
As a single person, sitting at the corner of love-hate things that happened out of my control, sweet and sour of faces I saw every time I took a slightly glance, and for whispers and shouts I have to bear as an audience of love battlefield. For those passing years I had submerged into these courses, between all doubles I couldn't speak or advice, nor listen to what I want to say, being double means "double activated" and the conversation was often slides from the subject. So yes, I did put them away (not so far, but away from my single business) because being single like mine is a "vertigo"; hating handcuffs, freedom surfing, jolly flapping, undisturbed decision or D.I.Y jumping jack to have something with my own skins and fingers (if you know what I mean).

All in all, watching doubles in double-ship is not something so bad, I've learned something (I do valued the hardworking people who contributed my knowledge), the good things and mistakes that should not be done by single-ship. Well, Single..watch your Double out there.  That's the fundamental of understanding the body language and mind-working.


"For single, being single is a lesson of life...for double, being double is a person of life"

#TMG2012

No comments:

Post a Comment